Q: About the starter

Is there a way to remove the bolts on the starter of my 1996 Buick century without lifting the engine?

This would depend on what the replacement procedure for the starter calls for. If the manufacturer recommends that the engine be lifted in order to remove the starter, it is very likely that this is required in order to remove it. It may be possible for someone with smaller hands to remove the bolts without raising the engine. It must also be considered that the starter may not be able to be completely removed from the vehicle without lifting the engine. If you are in doubt about this repair, enlist in the assistance of a qualified professional.