Q: About how much will it cost to replace my shocks on the front and possibly the cv joints?

The front makes kind of a knocking sound when I hit l go over bumps. I have had the wheels and tires replaced. The alignment had been done and I was told the shocks need replacing. Thank you for your time.

A: Hi there: In most cases the sound you’re d...

Hi there:

In most cases the sound you’re describing might be caused by damaged shock mounts, tie rod ends or CV joints that are damaged. Before you decide to have the struts alone replaced, you might want to have a professional mechanic complete a car is vibrating or shaking inspection; just to be certain you’re replacing the right components.