Q: Abnormally loud brakes, acceleration hesitation, & liftgate won't open automatically

1.When I was putting on the brakes, they were abnormally loud. I then took it to the dealership where they told me that the rotors and brakes should be replaced, which they did. But… the loud noise still exists! This is the third time I have had the rotors and brakes replaced since purchasing my SUV.

1. Another thing I want to tell you is that while I was trying to accelerate, my SUV hesitated and slowed down. So back to the dealer I went. I was told that my vehicle had not failed, but that it had been calibrated that way.

2. Also, the liftgate wouldn’t automatically open and I had to manually open it. But when I was at the dealership, they couldn’t duplicate the problem. It opened automatically for them. Can you tell me how to fix the loud noise, acceleration hesitation, and the intermittent malfunctioning liftgate?

Hello. These issues can be related or separate. The braking issue sounds like it may have glazed brake pads. If they get too hot then this can occur. You need to also check the other brakes that were not replaced to see if they are glazed.

If the brakes are fine then it may be an issue with the tires being unevenly worn as that will also cause the same type of noise.

The acceleration problem is somewhat normal to this engine. Many times if the delay is bad it simply needs to have the computers in the vehicle updated and that will solve the problem. As for the liftgate, these automatic gates have a lot of issues. Most of the time it is caused by the liftgate motor failing. It can also be caused by one of the contact sensors. A scan tool would need to be used to make sure that the sensors are working right. If they are then the lift motor and module will need to be replaced.

If you decide to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified professional can help you diagnose your brakes, hesitation, and the issue with your lift gate. Good luck.

3. Abnormally loud brakes, acceleration hesitation, & liftgate won't open automatically