Q: a volvo v70 AWD, rear differential does not work

Hey, i own a volvo v70 AWD, and my rear differential does not work. It's a Haldex IV system. How long can i drive it without fixing it? Should i fix it at all?

I would need to know what symptoms you are experiencing and how you have determined that the rear differential is not working in order to give you a clearer answer. I cannot say how long you can drive it since I do not know what is wrong with it.

If you’re sure there is a problem with the rear differential, be very cautious of driving the car any further. The differential may be ready to seize up and driving it may do more damage than getting it fixed now. I recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the differential in person to see if it can be fixed or is safe to drive it without getting it fixed.