Q: a very bad miss in morning

Some mornings I start car and idles great. When I take off it shakes very bad and misses. Mechanics have replaced fuel pump, injectors, fuel filter, catalytic converter. When I finally get it to the shop and mechanics crank it to test drive it runs perfect again. Has happened about 6 to 8 times over last few weeks. No lights come on except once, service engine soon and showed the injector problem. They have also changed a couple of sensors. When giving it gas is when it misses during these times. Can't get above 15 MPH during these spells I trust this shop a lot and have used them for years. It is a 1998 Pontiac mini van loaded. Also looking for a dash panel to replace cracked one or a way to restore this one that doesn't look like a hot rod. thanks

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. Check the ignition system for any burned spark plugs and burned plug wires. Make sure that all of the spark plugs have a solid blue spark. If the ignition system is working correctly, then check the mass air flow (MAF) sensor to see if the contacts are damaged or if the sensor is dirty. These will cause an intermittent misfire to the engine when put on a load. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with the misfire in the mornings.

3. a very bad miss in morning