Q: A tow truck driver told me a had a hole in my oil pan & my engine was no good, what we be the best way to know my engine is gone.?

A tow truck driver told me a had a hole in my oil pan & my engine was no good, what we be the best way to know my engine is gone.?

Hi there. If a rock or something hit your oil pan to damage it, and the engine was running while this occurred, it’s possible that additional internal damage may have occurred. It’s also possible that the damage has been done to the bottom of the engine block as well as the pan. If this was the case, then in most cases, the engine block would not be repairable. If damage to the oil pan and bottom of the engine block has been sustained, it’s likely that the engine is non-repairable.

3. A tow truck driver told me a had a hole in my oil pan & my engine was no good, what we be the best way to know my engine is gone.?