Q: A question regarding my car blowing intermittently hot and cold air.

My cars air condition intermittently blows hot and cold air. When in gear cold air comes out and if in neutral or parked it blows hot air. I also noticed lately the temperature of the car will go up and down. If in neutral it tends to run hot as with blowing hot air if driving the temperature will go back down in the air will get cool.

A: It sounds like you have failed cooling fans...

It sounds like you have failed cooling fans. When the car is at idle, the fans should run to pull air across the A/C condenser to regulate refrigerant temperatures and the radiator to regulate coolant temperature. If these fans fail, then these components will receive no airflow at idle, but will still get airflow while driving due to the car moving. I would suggest having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your fan operation, as well as the rest of the cooling system for proper operation.