Q: A problem with my headlight control sensor and navigation changing to night and day mode.

How much would it be to replace my headlight control sensor on my 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid and if the sensor is bad would it cause my navigation system not to change from day to night mode when it is being used? I have a hard time believing it would cause my navigation system not to switch to night and day mode.

My email is sharon6550@gmail.com Thank you for your help.

Sharon Sessler

Hello Sharon, thank you for writing in. The headlight control module utilizes a photocell which detects the sunlight. The navigation system shares this information so it knows when to automatically change into "night mode". The module may be malfunctioning and need to be replaced, or the photocell itself may be damaged or covered with something. The price for replacing this unit will depend on the time spent for diagnostics, any time spent on the repair, and the part. For more exact pricing quotes or to schedule an appointment, visit our service department.

• A problem with my headlight control sensor and navigation changing to night and day mode.