Q: A piece of metal fell out of the bottom.

I started my car and I heard a piece of metal fall into the ground within seconds. I looked under my car and a piece of metal, about a foot long and 5 inches wide, has four spots for screws in the corner and a bunch of small holes around it, was sitting on the ground near the middle of my car. I just had the master cylinder replaced. Is this a big issue?

Hello. You should have the mechanic who put in the master cylinder check to see where the metal piece goes. I’m not exactly sure what the piece of metal is, but if it was not important, then it would not have been installed the first time.

3. A piece of metal fell out of the bottom.