Q: A lot of car noise

I believe the lifter push rod is bent or loose. There is a lot of noise. I have a new water pump and reset the timing.

3. A lot of car noise

Q: Car surges at stop light

Hi There, What you are describing sounds like a dirty or faulty idle air control valve. The idle control valve reads the air intake into the throttle body and relays this information to the computer which then uses this information...

Q: Rough idle on car

Hello. The most common cause of a rough idle on this engine is a vacuum leak. Most of the time this is caused by a loose or broken vacuum hose. With the engine running you can listen for any hissing...

Q: Speedometer jumps up/down and van backfires. 1998 GMC Savana

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 1998 GMC Savana 2500. The speedometer and radio may work together to adjust volume of the radio as the speed increases. The cluster or any of the affected modules may have a...