Q: A little hesitation during initial take off from parking lot. Usually clears once I leave parking lot

A little hesitation during initial take off from parking lot. Usually clears once I leave parking lot

A: I would start by checking the throttle body...

I would start by checking the throttle body for carbon build up. This is a common issue on your particular vehicle and will cause the symptoms that you’ve mentioned. If it is dirty it will need cleaned. A cleaner throttle body will have different airflow values versus a dirty one. Therefor, there is a relearn procedure that you must follow up after cleaning the throttle body, since the computer has adapted to the values beforehand. If the relearn is not performed the idle speed will be much higher. A technician with a high end scanner, such as one from YourMechanic can help with this issue and clean your throttle body if necessary.

Recommended services
Get a Quote