Q: A leak occurred while adding coolant to the engine

When adding coolant to my engine the coolant leaked, how do I prevent this from happening.

Hello, the coolant system is a sealed system, meaning coolant has a path within the system and should not leak anywhere. A leak in the system means there is a component, such as a hose or seal, that has failed. An inspection of the system will locate the leak.

If you’d like, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your location to perform a coolant leak inspection and determine what repairs are necessary.