Q: A drunk guy Ploughed into our family car.

A drunk guy drove into the rear wheel so hard that he took a chunk of the alloy wheel, burst both passenger side tires and pushed our parked 4x4 onto the pavement. The force of the impact broke the wishbone on his driver side front wheel causing him to crash at the round about down the road. When the recovery truck came the car would start but wouldn't move when in gear and was making some squeaky noises. The body had very minor damage but our main concern is the level of impact sustained by the car on both wheels. Any thoughts of what the damage could be? and is it repairable? Is it worth repairing? Will the car ever be the same again? Should be prepared for ongoing problems following repairs? Sorry for the bombardment of questions.

You may have frame damage that would total the car. You should have your vehicle completely inspected and checked by a professional. If you want to try to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can perform a 75 point safety check on the vehicle to assess it’s overall condition. Once this is done you’ll have a good idea of whether or not it’s worth repairing afterwards.

3. A drunk guy Ploughed into our family car.