Q: A car for sale has had "storm water damage". What is the worst that I can expect?

What is the worst thing (or most expensive) repair i could potentially end up having to do on this car if i buy it?

Hi there. The worst thing you could run into is having to replace everything electrical that came into contact with the water. You could also have a vehicle that was removed quickly enough to avoid many of the water intrusion problems that occur. However, you wont know until it happens and there is no way to predict what can and will happen. A good thorough inspection by a qualified technician may help uncover any potential hazards that may be lurking under the carpet and behind the dash. YourMechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with a pre-purchase inspection for some peace of mind on the purchase.

• A car for sale has had "storm water damage". What is the worst that I can expect?