Q: A/c stopped working

My a/c was making a strange noise and than stopped working you can hear something kick on when you turn the a/c on but no air is blowing not even on heat

Hello there, many faults will cause your 2000 Chevrolet Impala to have no air blowing from the vents and the air conditioning not function. When no air comes from the vents at all under any settings the problem is likely with the under dash HVAC system and not the AC system itself. The most common causes are the blower motor, blend door actuator, blower motor resistor, mode door actuator, or the AC control module. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your air not coming from vents and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.

3. A/c stopped working