Q: A/C starts blowing cold then gets hot randomly.

When i first start my truck and begin driving the a/c works great. But then after maybe 15 minutes it will stop blowing cold. Sometimes it will run for an hour with no problems though. It is very sporadic. When it does cut out, the air stays cool for a few minutes slowly warming up to ambient temp. I have not tried filling the coolant, and i have not changed the a/c switch either. I have changed the (forgive me if i call it wrong) damper that switches from heating to cooling under the dash, but that was because it wouldnt switch to heating in the past. I dont want to condemn the compressor just yet since they are so expensive.

Do you think this problem could be caused from simply high coolant pressure and needs more added? Or would it have to be the compressor? I dont want to waste money on the wrong path.

Thank you for your help!

3. A/C starts blowing cold then gets hot randomly.