Q: A/C quit and won't turn on

This morning the A/C was excellent, but when I returned to my car after work, it would not turn on. I turned it off, pushed the button again to turn on. It just briefly turned on and then off. I can tell it wants to turn on, but it automatically shuts off. The vents seem okay. It was a hot drive home! What will solve this problem?

A: Generally in this case it is either the blo...

Generally in this case it is either the blower motor or the blower resistor that has failed. The blower motor failing is a common issue. It can be replaced but the repair can be tricky. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and expertise to diagnose and replace the blower and associated components if necessary.