Q: A/C quit and won't turn on

This morning the A/C was excellent, but when I returned to my car after work, it would not turn on. I turned it off, pushed the button again to turn on. It just briefly turned on and then off. I can tell it wants to turn on, but it automatically shuts off. The vents seem okay. It was a hot drive home! What will solve this problem?

Generally in this case it is either the blower motor or the blower resistor that has failed. The blower motor failing is a common issue. It can be replaced but the repair can be tricky. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and expertise to diagnose and replace the blower and associated components if necessary.

3. A/C quit and won't turn on