Q: A/C, P/S, and Alternator Belt replacement

I was releasing the tension from what I believe is the tensioner for the A/C belt. The teeth that run along the mount seem to be stripped, or I'm having a hard time getting them to grab. Am I turning the wrong bolt?

A: If you have one style of tensioner, the ten...

If you have one style of tensioner, the tensioner should have a hex nut cast into the component opposite of the pulley. It is a metric size - 16mm if I remember correctly. The other style of tensioner will have a bolt in the pulley hub and sometimes a nut that is fitted to the rear of the component. It is possible that the nut may have moved, as many slide into position. You may have to push on the nut to get the threads to grab. If you need help completing the repair, a certified technician from YourMechanic will be able to help you complete this job.