Q: A/C off, engine temp high message

This message came on intermittently for a week then the check engine light came on. Dealer replaced a sensor on January 3, 2017. This week, same message and check engine light (and fan) came on. Dealer can't see me until Monday morning. Is it safe to drive until then?

Hello, It sounds like you may possibly have a faulty cooling fan relay which may be preventing the fans from coming on at the correct time resulting in the high temperature message. The other possibility may be the cooling fan resistor may not be allowing the fans to come on at a high enough speed to keep the engine cool. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location this weekend to quickly and efficiently diagnose your problem to get you back on the road.

3. A/C off, engine temp high message