Q: A/C light turns on

My air conditioning light randomly turns on by itself after I start up my engine, let it warm up and before turning on the fan. I just bought my Canyon last November. I’ve heard that this is way its’ suppose to be. Do you know if this is correct? Thanks.

Hello there, thanks for writing in about your 2016 GMC Canyon. When the Air Conditioning Light is on like this, it is indicating that there is some fault in the system. When this occurs, it could be anything from a low voltage to an AC blend door. Since your car is still fairly new, you can bring your car into the dealer to see if there is any repair that is covered by warranty. If you would rather have an independent mechanic take a look, a certified technician from YourMechanic can determine what codes the AC system has and diagnose the fault from there.

3. A/C light turns on