Q: A/C is not working properly - 1981 Chevrolet Caprice

New Compressor Put in Feb of this Year New R134 Tank and Belt. Replaced My Blower 4 Months Ago, New Resistor, New Connector and Just Got the Relay Changed This Monday and it Worked Fine for 2 Days and Yesterday it Was Blowing Good and Just Turned off and Havent Turned Back on.....What ELSE CAN I DO, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

A: Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. ...

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. Get a pressure tester and check to see if there is any refrigerant in the system. If there is no refrigerant, then you will need to fill it up and check for leaks by spraying everything down with a bottle of soapy water. If there is pressure, then take the low side harness off of the low pressure sensor.

Take a paper clip and bridge the terminals. This will bypass the pressure sensor. If the compressor clutch engages and makes the A/C run cold, then the low pressure switch needs replacing. Keep in mind, if the system is full of refrigerant, you will need to recover the refrigerant before replacing the part. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, who can come to your location to inspect the A/C system.