Q: A/C info

A few months ago the a/c stop working when U turn on the a/c it start throwing hot air not cold and I ask several people and they said something about the a/c valve if I fix the valve it will star throwing cold air. But sometime when I turn on the a/c it start throwing cold air but if the outside temperature is hot the a/c star throwing hot air.

There are numerous reasons the a/c will not blow cold air. Checking a/c operation can go from easy to complex. If the a/c system is low on refrigerant, the system will not cool very well or at all. Since the a/c system is a sealed system, typically if the refrigerant level is low, there is probably a leak in the system. First thing to to is have the refrigerant level checked. If the system is low, then it should have an a/c service - evacuate and recharge the system to proper levels. Also, when the system is recharged, dye should be added. If the system has a leak, the fluorescent dye will also leak out and be visible on the leaking component with either a black light or specially tinted goggles. I would find a local repair shop that has the proper equipment to diagnose and repair the a/c system. Replacing parts at random can get quite expensive.