Q: A/C-can the air compressor clutch be changed independent from the air compressor

Air compressor clutch is not engaging when ac is turned on, can I just replace the clutch or is it the full compressor only?

If just the compressor clutch is bad you can replace it by itself. I know this compressor and clutch have a listed price around $1000, and just the clutch alone is around $600. This is for the part only. The labor is less for the clutch only.

Now if you have a clutch that has gone bad you may want to consider looking for an aftermarket compressor assembly and replace the entire unit. Since the clutch went bad the compressor is probably not too far behind.

If you decide that you need some assistance with getting this fixed, enlist a qualified technician who replace your compressor assembly unit at your own convenience.

• A/C-can the air compressor clutch be changed independent from the air compressor