Q: A/c

The a/c blow only hot air, was told by another person might need to change the a/c console if so do u do that and how much,the check engine light came on and check code says I need new thermostat could that be related to the a/ c issue and the car is not over heating

Hi there. Quite often an obstruction in the heater core or other cooling system issues can cause the heater to not function, but this is very rare for AC systems. If it’s blowing hot air, it’s possible you are low on refrigerant, there is a refrigerant leak or the compressor is faulty. Since there are several systems and issues that could cause the AC unit to fail, it’s best to have a professional mechanic complete an AC is not working inspection first. This will ensure that the right parts are replaced and the system is able to be fixed correctly the first time.