Q: A/C button lights flash on/off randomly

Just last year, I had the A/C unit replaced (my car doesn’t have climate control). This week, the A/C button lights came on and they flashed on/off while I was driving. Sometimes they will stay on and then I have to press the button to restart the unit. Then the scenario starts all over. Other times it will run for up to 40 minutes before the problem starts again. What will solve this?

Hello. It sounds like the system may be low on refrigerant. Once it is low enough the system will act like this as the pressure will be low causing the system to turn off and on. If you have a warranty on the system I would take the vehicle back to that shop. If I was going to diagnose this I would check the pressures first to see if that is the problem. It may be electrical but that is not as common. If you want to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect what is going on.