Q: A/C blower blows weak

A/C blower blows weak is there a filter 2014 Dodge 2500 diesel

A: It will depend on if your vehicle was equip...

It will depend on if your vehicle was equipped with one or not. You will need to remove your glove box for access. Remove the glove box’s right side cable clip and push in on the left top to release the glove box. It should drop down and you can remove it from there. Now look and to the right, behind the glove box and above the blower, and you will see a plastic cover about 2 inches wide and 10 inches long. This cover is removable and the filter is slid inside, behind the cover.

If you look at the plastic cover and it is not cut out and cannot be removed, then you do not have a filter and you have a clogged evaporator. You may have to have the evaporator removed and cleaned out.

The good news is you can buy a filter kit that cuts the outline of the filter cover out. Then a filter can be put in with the cover installed to keep evaporator clean in the future.

If you’d like some assistance with this, contact YourMechanic, as a certified professional can come diagnose the issue with your A/C and fix it accordingly.