Q: Adding your own oil to a newer vehicle...

I have been at 0% oil for about a week now. I can’t get in for an oil change just yet but am worried my engine will mess up. Can I add a little oil myself until I can make it in to get the oil change? Or will this cause more issues?

The oil percentage reading in your vehicle indicates the life of the oil, not the amount of oil left in the motor, so there should not be a need to add additional oil to the motor. When the oil is changed the oil life is reset by the mechanic and will then start calculating the next time you need to have the oil changed based on the number of miles driven.

3. Adding your own oil to a newer vehicle...