Q: 96 Honda Accord vs. '97 Toyota Celica

I'm looking for a used car and I want your opinion on these two that I found--'96 Honda Accord Wagon, 172,000 miles and a '97 Toyota Celica 169,000 miles.

As for me, I’d go for the Celica. I own a Celica and I like them. The Honda Accord Wagon is a good vehicle and is well made. The only problem is the Honda’s automatic transmissions are rather weak. If the automatic transmission goes out on Honda Accord Wagon, you are going to spend at least 3500 dollars doing a full rebuild on it. Whereas, the Celica has very little transmission problems.

However, they are two different types of car when it comes to functionality. One is a station wagon and the other is either a hatchback or a two-door with a trunk in the back. You can haul a lot more with the station wagon than you can with a Celica. It just depends on what kind of vehicle matches your preferences.

3. 96 Honda Accord vs. '97 Toyota Celica