Q: 96 econoline 5.8 had starrter replaced and immediately no longer starting when warm

after getting my 1996 econoline 150 back from having starter replacd, it ran ok until warm and then when tried to start it it would not start although it woudl turn over. eventually would start but after many tries and pumping. when it was cold start it would start fine. problem was immediate after getting starter replaced by neighbor, and i cant see what would have caused this from that procedure but it ran fine up to and including when i drove it over there. is it likely just to be coincidence and it is the distributor module or ?

3. 96 econoline 5.8 had starrter replaced and immediately no longer starting when warm