Q: 95 dodge neon went from drove to park kinda rough went to move the car won't come out of park could it be brake light switch

drove the neon under the carport to look over some things went to park sited auto transmission in in to park went kinda of rough went to pull it out later won't shift from park could it be brake light switch if so how can I tell..out could it be my cable from shifter

It appears that your vehicle is stuck in Park. A few different things can cause this to happen to your Dodge Neon with the simplest thing being a faulty brake switch (located on the brake pedal).

One quick way to check is to have a friend stand behind your vehicle while you depress the brake pedal with the key in the On position, or with the vehicle running. If the brake lights come on, then the brake switch is not the issue.

Your gearshift selector uses a cable to shift the transmission and it is possible that the cable has stretched out or possibly broken, preventing the transmission from shifting.

It may be time to enlist the assistance of one of our certified technicians to come out and inspect the shifting issue on your Neon. They will have the experience and tools needed to determine why your Dodge isn’t shifting out of Park, and what it will take to have it repaired.

3. 95 dodge neon went from drove to park kinda rough went to move the car won't come out of park could it be brake light switch