Q: 94 to 96 V10 swap, what needs to be changed?

I took a running 1994 V10 and had it placed in a 1996 Dodge Ram 2500. The 94 is an OBD1 and the 96 is an OBD2. What parts need to be changed to get the truck to run properly?

This is not a simple question since the engines are a couple years apart. Each and every sensor and injector may be different. Just by looking at a wiring diagram the two engines are very different. You may have to just put the two engines side by side and swap all the parts on the outside of the engine, including all of the harnesses and any intake or exhaust manifolds that look different than each other. Also, I cannot guarantee they are compatible due to any internal differences with the engines. Good luck.

3. 94 to 96 V10 swap, what needs to be changed?