Q: 89 Chevy 1500 Silverado stalls

I have a truck '89 Chevy C 1500 SIlverado with a 3.5 L V8. It stalls if it's warm if I slow to come to a stop and put it in gear with a little gas. What could be wrong?

A: First thing you’d want to do is try my vide...

First thing you’d want to do is try my video "how to fix the car that idles poorly." A lot of times, just taking the air intake off and cleaning the throttle body will keep it from doing that. If that’s not the case, then if you’ve got a vacuum leak, it is going to suck air and it’s going to stall. If neither of those fix it, you might need a new idle air control valve. That’s a very common problem. I recommend having the fault verified before moving with repairs. A technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can diagnose your car’s stalling issue and determine what repairs are needed.