Q: 84 dodge truck 440 with 727 trans put into 73 charger

Would a 440 with a 727 trans fit in my 73 dodge charger that has a 318 in it?

Hi there. You can put a big block engine into a 73 charger, however, you will have to adjust the engine mounts to accommodate the larger engine. The transmission should bolt up to the transmission mount bracket. The driveshaft will have to have the front yoke replace to match the transmission output shaft yoke and it will have to be adjust for the overall length from the transmission to the differential. If you need further assistance with swapping your 318 to a 440, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.