Q: 6cd/mp3 player shows cd error with no cd and slots 1 and 2 showing that cd's are in and no cd's installed

2005 Ford F-150 Fx4 with 89,258 miles has a 6CD/MP3 player. 2 cd's have been in since sometime last fall, was going to remove them but they would not eject, finally got them out, but the display says "cd error" and slots 1 and 2 still show that it is loaded, radio plays fine, nothing in the owners manual says anything about "cd error", is there something that needs to be reset or what??

3. 6cd/mp3 player shows cd error with no cd and slots 1 and 2 showing that cd's are in and no cd's installed