Q: 5 spd auto transmission problem

From research I have done since I bought this car,.a.common problem seemed to be referred to as no reverse....where obviously the car would only go in forward gears. I am having the exact opposite issue...I have a strong reverse gear but absolutely no forward gears and it's not even slipping or changing rpm when dropped into one of the drive gears..all the driver gears sound and rev like it's in neutral.

Hello there, the loss of the forward gears in your 2000 BMW 323i is caused by one of a few issues. The most common is low transmission fluid, shift solenoid fault, clogged transmission filter, torque converter, shift linkage or the transmission valve body. The first thing any technician will check is the quality, color, and level of the transmission fluid. This will give an indication of where to start looking. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your transmission issues by starting with a vehicle inspection and then will be able to diagnose your vehicle and make any repairs required to repair it.