Q: 4x4 not working all the time

When I go to turn the knob to turn my 4x4 on the lights on the dash want come on an the 4x4 doesn't work but over a period of time my horn will sound weak an then the 4x4 will start working just fine an the lights on the dash will work an everything will be fine for bout 2 months or so an then it will just stop working I have checked fuses an relays don't know what else to do

In many cases, when you have inconsistent operation of an electrically triggered system like the 4 x 4 activation on your Ford F-150, it’s commonly caused by an electrical relay that is damaged, or a loose ground wire connection that will impact the activation of the system. It could also be a system sensor that is faulty or damaged and will need to be replaced. However, before you attempt any repairs, it’s best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete an electrical problems inspection, so they can determine the precise source of the issue.