Q: 4x4 Low Light jolts

My truck is flashing a yellow 4 low light on the dashboard. And when I drive it over 30 mph it jolts all the time. Do you have any idea what’s wrong and how I can fix this?

Hello. It sounds like the transfer case is staying engaged. This is usually due to the encoder motor failing and causing this. I usually check the connections first to see if there is any moisture in them as that will cause this. If the connections are fine then I replace the encoder. If you want to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the warning light and help you proceed with repair.