Q: 4x4

My truck 4x4is not working ???? My issue is on the dash board it show the light coming on but you can hear 4x4 engaging and still the 4x4 is not responding?????

A: Hi there: There could be multiple reasons ...

Hi there:

There could be multiple reasons why the four wheel drive system on your Ford F-150 is not working correctly. In most cases it’s because of a faulty wiring harness to the four wheel drive selector switch. Although the drive will "click", it fails to activate due to the harness being faulty. The issue could also be with the selector switch; which is located behind the transfer case. To know for sure, you might want to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a gear drive inspection.