Q: 4x4

Service light goes on and off while driving and so does the 4 low. When I turn off the truck and get out the transfer case is turning on and off and I have the key in my hand. Also when I make full right or left turns it binds up like if I was pushing on the brake and gas pedal at the same time. I brought it to three different machanics even the dealer they changed the 4 x4 shifting knob still does it , can someone please help soooo! Confused thank you.

Hi there. When you engage the four wheel drive, a corresponding light is illuminated on the dash. Vehicles with multiple gear ranges will also indicate what range has been selected. However, it shouldn’t illuminate inconsistent as you’ve described above. In most cases, this is due to a loose sensor in the differential. However, it is possible that the differential fluid needs to be changed or you have a mechanical issue internally that will require a professional mechanic to inspect. I would recommend first having a mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a warning light inspection, to determine if this is an electrical sensor issue or mechanical.