Q: 45RFE transmission not going to high gear like it's in tow mode

Ok so I heard a pop and the tranny quit shifting properly so I did all I could to repair I ended up buying another one this one seems to go thru all the gears but dosen't seem to switch to high gear like jn tow mode all time and also it kicks pretty hard when putting in drive or reverse I'm jot sure could this be a sensor or am I missing something thank you for ur help as km at a loss this us my first dodge and if I don't get this figured out it Will def b my last

Hello. If you just replaced the transmission, you need to have the transmission control module reprogrammed. The module is used to shifting the old transmission so it is now shifting the new transmission the same way. Once you get the transmission module reprogrammed it should be fine. This is something that should be done at the dealer or by a transmission specialist.

3. 45RFE transmission not going to high gear like it's in tow mode