Q: 2006 Terraza - well kept up with 167 miles. After starting then engine, often it is impossible to shift from Park for a while with engine running. Any common clues?

2006 terraza - well kept, 167M: after start often impossible to shift from Park for a while with engine running. Any common clues?

Hi there. Either the shifter interlock solenoid is not working at times causing the shifter to not move out of park or the neutral safety switch on the brake switch is not working at times causing the shifter to not move out of park. Check both circuits and see if they are working. Replace that solenoid or switch if they are defective. If you need further assistance with your shifter not moving out of park, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. 2006 Terraza - well kept up with 167 miles. After starting then engine, often it is impossible to shift from Park for a while with engine running. Any common clues?