Q: 2016 Mercedes-Benz cls63 AMG what do I have to do to draw the rear caliper in to do a brake job?

I have a 2015 Mercedes CLS 63 AMG was wondering I was going to do the rear brake job myself someone told me I had to have a way to draw the rear caliper in is this true and how do I do this or do I need to take it to the dealer

A: To begin with, it’s surprising to me that a...

To begin with, it’s surprising to me that a 2016 car should already need rear brake pads. Most cars go through two sets of front pads for each set of rear, and the front pads are usually good for 30 to 40 thousand miles. That being said, it’s probably not a good idea for you to take this job on yourself. Many of the new Mercedes have an electric-over-hydraulic braking system that has a number of features that take technicians by surprise. For instance, the brakes have a self-test feature that has to be deactivated by the diagnostic computer before you begin the job or you may find the calipers activating while you are working on them; very bad news. It’s a job that should be performed by someone with a factory diagnostic computer. If you want to have a technician come to your home and check out your brakes, You can contact Your Mechanic for an appointment.