Q: 2015 Toyota camry Atara Engine Gets So Hot Yet Temperature Meter Reads "Normal"

2015 Toyota camry Atara Engine Gets So Hot Yet Temperature Meter Reads Normal".

A: Hi there, On many of today's modern ca...

Hi there,

On many of today's modern cars, trucks, and SUV's, engines are designed to run as efficient as possible. This is commonly done by reducing the amount of fuel flowing into the combustion chamber, which can cause the engine to run "hotter than we're accustomed". However, if the temperature meter is reading "normal" on your vehicle, and you are not experiencing any performance issues or other warning lights, it's quite possible that it really is "normal" and everything checks out OK with your Toyota Camry. The best advice I can offer you is to stay on top of your oil changes, (making sure they are done every 5,000 miles) and check the coolant level inside your coolant overflow reservoir once per week.

If you notice your vehicle is actually overheating, (meaning that you see steam coming from the radiator or overflow tank), this is a problem that needs to be addressed quickly. Keep an eye out for that, and if it occurs, have a local expert mechanic come and inspect the overheating issue to make sure the problem doesn't worsen.