Q: 2014 Silverado 4x4 throws a reduced power over 3000 RPM but will reset if you turn the vehicle off for a few minutes?

My truck throws a reduced power light over 3000 rpm but will reset with vehicle off for a few minutes.

Hi there. The code is for a limp mode when the engine is operating. This is caused by either a malfunction with the transmission or transfer case. Check the fluid to the transmission and the transfer case and make sure that it is full. Then check the wiring harness to the transmission and transfer case for any loose wires or burnt wires. Check to see if the 4x4 range selector is working and if the motor is activating. The last thing to check that is a very common part to fail is the 4x4 front axle engagement switch to see if it has power. Sometimes this switch fails or loses power and makes the computer put the engine into limp mode. If you need further help troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can assist you with the loss of power problem.

• 2014 Silverado 4x4 throws a reduced power over 3000 RPM but will reset if you turn the vehicle off for a few minutes?