Q: 2013 nissan sentra 80,000 miles transmission light came on and it has been running rough lately

Lately car has been running rough and seemed like transmission was skipping. Today transmission light illuminated

There are a number of things that may cause the motor to run rough. A rough idle may be caused by things such as low fuel pressure, low voltage to the fuel injectors, dirty fuel injectors, a vacuum leak, a faulty Oxygen sensor, dirty or failing idle air control valve, a faulty camshaft or crankshaft sensor, faulty spark plugs or wires ad many other things. Any of these possibilities may relate to fuel or spark problems that will disrupt the normal combustion process that would otherwise allow the motor to run smoothly. You may notice the motor running a bit rough or shaking if any of these components are not functioning as they should. The transmission control module relies on input from the ECU relating to how the engine runs. The transmission control module uses this information to assist with transmission shifting, which may explain the transmission "skipping" you are referring to. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

• 2013 nissan sentra 80,000 miles transmission light came on and it has been running rough lately