Q: 2012 kia forte key alert keeps going even after reming key, parking lights stay on if in auto mode,key flob will not work all star

2012 kia forte key alert keeps going even after reming key, parking lights stay on if in auto mode,key flob will not work all started at the same time. It is acting as if the key is still in the switch.

Hello. Unfortunately ignition cylinder failures are a fairly common occurrence on your particular vehicle. Usually the ignition cylinder itself will be at fault but at times you have to replace the unit which holds the cylinder known as ignition switch. A technician such as those which apply here at YourMechanic will be able to test your ignition switch and lock cylinder for you to let you which one is at fault. The ignition lock cylinder may simply be seized up, you can try to spray a little bit of WD-40 inside of the keyhole to see if that helps the situation.

3. 2012 kia forte key alert keeps going even after reming key, parking lights stay on if in auto mode,key flob will not work all star