Q: 2008 Toyota tundra 6 cylinder starts in the on position and shuts off while idling in park or reverse, but immediately starts itse

Toyota tundra 2008 starts in on position and shuts off in park or reverse but immediately starts itself back up..can you help...also does not shut off while driving

Hi there. It seems that the battery is failing and has a burned or overcharged cell. I recommend replacing your battery with a new one. When a battery gets old or overcharged, then the battery becomes weak. When starting the engine (especially in cold weather), the battery uses a lot of power. The alternator needs to replace the power into the battery for the vehicle to function correctly. If you let your vehicle sit for about 10 minutes and then drive it and the vehicle does not stall out, then the battery is not working properly. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling and restarting on it’s own, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. 2008 Toyota tundra 6 cylinder starts in the on position and shuts off while idling in park or reverse, but immediately starts itse