Q: 2008 Dodge Charger

I am currently in the market for an AWD sedan that looks somewhat decent. I found a 2008 Dodge Charger that fits that. Everything seems to check out. However, my family mechanic advises heavily against it, even though most things online seem to say otherwise. Is this car a good buy?

Before you purchase any vehicle you should have a vehicle pre-purchase inspection by an independent certified mechanic. This will help you make a decision on the vehicles mechanical condition and not on rumors or opinions of some owners that may have gotten a bad vehicle. When you see a write-up of a problem someone had, you will see 100 of these kind of write-ups compared to 1 or 2 good write ups. Have a mechanic check the car first and they may find that the vehicle is in very good shape and would be a good purchase, or that there are problems that would cost thousands to fix if it fails.