Q: What would cause my 2008 Dodge Carvan to shut off when coming to a stop?

When I am coming to a stop, the car vibrates, then turns off. I have noticed that when I'm parallel parking, the car begins to shake, but before it turns off, I change gears to reverse or park and the car goes back to normal. When the car turns off on a stop, it turns on quickly right after. The engine light has never come on. The mechanic changed the EGr valve and that stopped the car from turning off on the streets, but it still turns off when I come off the express way or higher speeds. After like 3 months, the car starts turning off again at lower speeds on the strret when I come to a stop.

Hello. It sounds like you have an issue with the vehicles idle control system. When coming to a stop or when parking the vehicles computer must adjust the idle in order to keep the engine from stalling from the lack of air. Most of the time this is as easy as cleaning out the throttle body. In some other cases it may be caused by a faulty idle control system or even an issue with the vehicles variable valve timing system. I usually clean the throttle first to see if it takes care of it. If you are planning on having this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the vehicle is stalling] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-stalling-inspection

3. What would cause my 2008 Dodge Carvan to shut off when coming to a stop?