Q: 2007 Town and Country randomly turns off during driving

I have a 2007 Chrysler Town and Country. I've never had a single problem in 2000 and up until now. Now, it randomly turns off when I drive. It was happening a little and now it's happening more frequently.

A: It is a 2007, so it's reasonably new. T...

It is a 2007, so it's reasonably new. The data on that thing is pretty strong. We mechanics have dealer-level computers that can analyze everything that is happening with the car. They call it stored axle codes, and since it's dying, I'm sure it will trip the code that is going to show you what area is breaking down.

Now, if it didn't trip any codes when the mechanic looked at it with the dealer-level scan tool, then a lot of times it is a fuel pump starting to go out. Because on that vehicle, the computer doesn't have a sensor that knows what the fuel pressure is. So the computer has no idea of the fuel pressure. So when it loses fuel pressure, it won't trip a code because it doesn't know that the fuel pump has no pressure because there is no sensor. You could give the guys at YourMechanic a call and they'll come and analyze your stalling issue and let you know what repairs are needed.